Friday 15 July 2011

Your book

I was talking about a bucket list with a friend some weeks ago. I noticed that people have some items in common in their lists such as to plant a tree or to write a book...have you noticed that? I often ask myself what I would write in my bucket list nowadays.
I found a list some months ago that I wrote while in my "youth days" ;) It was inside my Gospel according to Spiritism book that used to belong to my mum. It was bought in 1983 and it's extremely old, but I don't want a new one...I love this old book as it is! It reminds me of many prayers I was part of, with my mum, (even though I was made to participate at the time! hahaha) and it's a reminder to me of what is important in my life. This list had things that I already achieved (although they were minority) and things that I haven't achieved yet, but I am still willing to. Unfortunately, I threw that list away...should have kept it. 
When we are younger, we have so much more hope that we will achieve everything we want, compared to the hope left when we are older, and we haven't achieved those things. We truly believe that we are able to conquer the world and nothing else matters when we are young. This is not a negative thing, in my point of view, and I don't think that this way of seeing the world should be crushed...Experience sometimes give us wisdom (if you grow up as a person), but it often comes with lack of hope... I think that my new bucket list would include something along these lines: "to always keep hope that every dream, every wish and every effort I make will not be in vain and that my hope never dies inside me".
I am still not sure of what I would include in my bucket list nowadays, as my perceptions of things changed drastically since, but I think one item would still remain from the old list to my new list: I want to make people around me happy! I would also probably write in it that I really want to change myself for the better before I die... Another item on my list would be to stick to what Erastus said: "It's better to reject ten truths than accept one lie". (A. Kardec, Revista EspĂ­rita 8, p. 257, (1861))


I read this message below and thought that, even though some people have "to write a book" as an item in their bucket list, we all write our book everyday, and this message open our eyes to that. So, for those who want to write a book, you can cross that item from your bucket list because you are already writing it... 
I will probably add new items to my bucket list with time and share them with you here...
I dedicate this post to the ones I love and also to the ones I still haven't learned how to love...I want to learn how to love everybody for whom they are someday... And I want to say that, even if I don't say it much and even if I don't show it enough, my love is here with me... to my friends and my family in special...

Peace!

Mrs. P

 

Your Book


Your life on Earth is the book you are writing...
Each day is a page...
Each hour is a statement of your personality in 
the form of people and situations that reach you.
Do not lose the opportunity to compose an 
odyssey of love around your name.
Good works are phrases of light you address 
to humankind.
In each reply to others, in each gesture towards 
your neighbours, in each manifestation of 
your opinion, you write the history of your 
passage with eternal ink.
In every impression you make on others, the 
book of your treasures stands up.
Death is the great collector of the sparse 
pages of a biography written by yourself 
about the lives surrounding you.
Do not despise the presence of indulgence 
on the way the Lord gave you to cross.
Build up an area of love around your 
own heart, because only love is sufficiently 
wise and strong to teach you how to 
write your individual story as a helpful 
textbook of hope to those following you.
And the book of your life will turn into 
a poem of happiness and a treasure of 
blessings.
By the spirit EMMANUEL 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment