Tuesday 5 July 2011

Social Sciences


The definition of Social Sciences is the study of human society and of individual relationships in and to society. It's food for thought, but it's very hard to take. Sometimes I ask myself if I'm the only one who is affected by certain behaviour in society to the point that I cannot even read about them without getting angry, sad or frustrated! I gather that we don't have a solution for everything in society, but we fail to put into practice even the things that we have a solution for, if it will not benefit the most powerful (it doesn't matter which kind of power it is, because power is not always linked to money! Think about that!). I am not too keen on studying that, I have to say... 

Power itself is not a problem, but the way it's used by people becomes a problem! We can see that in many different little things almost everyday. How long will it take for human race to realise that having power doesn't make you better than anyone, but it means that you have big moral responsibilities over your shoulders? People who have any kind of power, which can make a difference to some one's life, should use it to help everyone they possibly can. We should not take advantage of it and use it to have personal advantages over others...at the end of the day, we are all made of the same flesh and blood than everyone else, we will die like every mortal and the only thing left that we will have in the Eternal Life is who we are...  

These academic studies of mine about Social Sciences remind me of the third chapter of the Spirits Book, called RETURN FROM THE CORPOREAL TO THE SPIRIT LIFE, pages 112 to 116. There are some questions answered in this book that have everything to do with what will happen to us as individuals after the death of our body and what we will take with us. I think it's very interesting and that is why I am copying these questions here for you, but you can read them for free here The Spirits's Book, chapter III 

The Soul After Death
 
149. What becomes of the soul at the moment of death?'
"It becomes again a spirit; that is to say, it returns into the world of spirits, which it had quit for a short time."
 
150. Does the soul, after death, preserve its individuality?'
"Yes, it never loses its individuality. What would the soul be if it did not preserve it?"

-Does the soul take nothing of this life away with it?
"Nothing but the remembrance of that life and the desire to go to a better world. This remembrance is full of sweetness or of bitterness according to the use it has made of the earthly life it has quit. The more advanced is the degree of the spirits purification, the more clearly does it perceive the futility of all that it has left behind it upon the Earth." 

151. What is to be thought of the opinion that the soul after death returns to the universal whole?
"Does not the mass of spirits, considered in its totality, constitute a whole? Does it not constitute a world? When you are in an assembly you form an integral part of that assembly, and yet you still retain your individuality." 

153. In what sense should we understand Eternal Life?
"It is the life of the spirit that is eternal; that of the body is transitory and fleeting. When the body dies, the soul re-enters the Eternal Life." 

159. What sensation is experienced by the soul at the moment when it recovers its' consciousness in the world of spirits?
"That depends on circumstances. He who has done evil from the love of evil is overwhelmed with shame for his wrong-doing. With the righteous it is very different. His soul seems to be eased of a heavy load, for it does not dread the most searching glance."

Aren't these questions and answers interesting to ponder about?
I personally think that, in life, everything depends on your intentions, because it's clear that everybody makes mistakes. You are not to be responsible for certain things, if you had the best of intentions, but you couldn't do better because of factors that scape your control (unless your intention wasn't to do the best you could in the first place!). But you will be responsible for the things you had control over and didn't want to do better; you were indifferent to them (doing nothing sometimes means doing bad!) or chose to do them knowing that they were not right. Maybe that's why Social Sciences is affecting me so much...to me, it seems that we, as societies around the world, often choose to keep doing what is unreasonable and wrong intentionally and knowingly...
I chose to share this video below with you, not only because I love this song, but also because of it's lyrics...
Peace! 
Mrs. P  
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me, what's my lesson?
Look right through me, look right through me

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world, mad world, enlarging your world
Mad world 

No comments:

Post a Comment