Friday 8 April 2011

A quick note about my blog

Up until yesterday, I had the impression that I was writing in my blog and thinking on my own about God and the books I have been reading about. Much to my surprise, that isn't the case :) When I went to post my blog to my Facebook profile, I was informed by Facebook that my blog was marked as abusive or spammy. To be honest, that doesn't make any difference to me, but it proves how people can be odd, let's say, in regards to other people's beliefs, opinions and points of view. 
I just want to say that the contents of this blog are the result of my thinking, my beliefs and my point of view and nobody is obliged to read them. I post it to my profile on Facebook and you only clicked on it and read whatever I wrote because you wanted to. If you don't want to, please feel free to ignore it. I don't force my views on anyone, I don't intend to convert anyone and I don't disrespect anyone's view, that's why my blog is only posted to my profile, not to anyone else's profiles or emails. I believe that everybody is entitled to their opinion, I just don't believe that people are entitled to force their opinion on anyone or reprimand anyone's opinion, beliefs or views if they are not intentionally offensive. I want to think about God and I want to find answers that make more sense to me, but I am fully aware that it might not make sense to you who is reading. If this is fine with me, why wouldn't it be fine with you? I like to ask questions out loud about everything and I also question things that may be someone else's solid belief (or disbelief!), but it doesn't mean I am being disrespectful. It means I am thinking about it to get to my own conclusions, similar to when a theory is being challenged by questions and different views of the same subject in the academic world. An inquisitive, open and/ or scientific mind will be able to understand this process and if you think that you don't fit in these categories, maybe this blog is really not for your taste, so don't waste your time. For those who enjoy thinking about all possible things and are up to reading and learning more about everything, hope you enjoy my blog. Anyway, I welcome you all to my space :D
I'm not sure why, but this situation made me remember the passage from the Bible that says: "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels" Mark 8:38 


I found a video of a film in you tube that I really want to watch (below). I am not sure if this film will be in the cinemas here (probably not, unfortunately), but the trailer looks good. It is based in a spiritist novel that I have read before and loved it called Astral City in english. I will talk about this book here one day :)
Peace!  

Mrs. P 



No comments:

Post a Comment