Thursday 15 September 2011

Love

 "In the light of this theory, one understands that instinct is always a sure guide; the maternal instinct, the noblest of all, that which materialism lowers to the level of attractive forces of matter, finds itself re-enthroned and ennobled. Because of it's consequences, the maternal instinct shouldn't be delivered over to the capricious action of intelligence and free will. Through the mothers, God himself watches over his newly born creatures. " (From the book The Genesis according to Spiritism by Allan Kardec, chapter 3, Good and Evil)

Genesis can be a little bit of an overwhelming book, but there are great information there, some scientific information were already overcome though, considering it was published in 1868, but it's still a book worth reading. There are many other very contemporary things in these book that we can still learn from. You can read this book for free here Genesis according to Spiritism

Today I was thinking about love. About love in general and how important it is. Friends love, husband and wife's love, parents and children's love, family's love, God's love, love for animals.... 
I have a couple of friends that are pregnant, just had babies and/ or have been mothers for a long time, and they seem to talk a lot about this mother's love, which I don't know anything about and cannot understand at the moment, because I am not a mum. But it makes me happy to see them happy for feeling this love and it makes me question what makes a mother's love be so different from any other. I guess I will only know if it really is a different kind of love, if I become a mum one day, but I read a story today that made me think about mother-child love. 

I read a book where a lady was telling a tale to another lady, who was recovering herself in a hospital in the spiritual world, about a mother and her child who were passing by a cavern. This mother was carrying her child in her arms, when a voice came from the inside of this cavern and told the mother that she should enter the cavern, which was full of gold and jewellery, and she could get whatever she wanted and everything she gets will be hers. But once she left the cavern, a door would come down and she would never be able to enter the cavern again. She should take everything that was most precious with her, because that would be her only chance. The mother entered the cavern with her child in her arms, and after seeing all those valuable jewellery, diamonds and gold, she started putting everything she could in her pockets. For one moment, she put her child down, on the top of some jewellery quickly, so she could put some gold on her skirt and carry them out. The voice said that the woman should leave now and she would be able to keep everything she was able to carry. The woman left the cavern, and she was extremely happy with everything she got, because everything was extremely valuable, when she realised that she left her child inside the cavern. She was in despair, and nothing else mattered to her, but she couldn't get into the cavern to get what was the most precious thing to her... It made me think about this love between mother and child.

Will I be able to feel this love? Do I want to feel this love one day? Sometimes I even ask myself why people feel the need to feel this type of love. Perhaps I've not been using enough of my instinct...

This post is for you, mothers, who have the courage and the will to love so much another human being, without, many times, thinking about yourselves first. For my dear friends, who are so happy for being mothers, and for the mothers who lost their children. To those mothers, I send my special love. For the mothers who suffer because their children are ill or because they are morally lost and chose to follow the wrong path, I send you my special love too. To the mothers that had the chance to know about this type of love, but chose not to, to the mothers who had to or chose to give their children away, to single mothers...I also send you my fraternal love. And my daughter's love to my mother... 

This song can fit almost all types of love, I think. It's beautifully sang by Adele. What wouldn't you do for the ones you love? We even change ourselves for them...

Peace! 

Mrs. P


When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows

And the stars appear
And there is no - one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you

Haven't made
Your mind up yet
But I would never
Do you wrong
I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong

I'd go hungry
I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling
Down the avenue
No, there's nothing
That I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging

On the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
Though winds of change
Are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing
Like me yet

I could make you happy

Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love, To make you feel my love 




No comments:

Post a Comment